All for Joomla All for Webmasters
sections

Flesh-eating Bacteria May Have Killed Woman After Florida Vacation, Husband Suggests


spaceball.gif


A grandmother from Indianapolis may have died from flesh-eating bacteria after contracting it while she was on vacation in Florida.

<p class="canvas-atom canvas-text Mb(1.0em) Mb(0)–sm Mt(0.8em)–sm" type="text" content="Richard Martin told WRTV that his 50-year-old wife, Carol, had returned home from a vacation in Clearwater, Florida, in February with a nickel-sized infection on her buttocks. The infection became so unbearably painful that she sought medical care twice.” data-reactid=”12″>Richard Martin told WRTV that his 50-year-old wife, Carol, had returned home from a vacation in Clearwater, Florida, in February with a nickel-sized infection on her buttocks. The infection became so unbearably painful that she sought medical care twice.

“They sent her home with more antibiotics and a heating pad, and it got worse,” said Martin told the local news station.

<p class="canvas-atom canvas-text Mb(1.0em) Mb(0)–sm Mt(0.8em)–sm" type="text" content="Trending: ‘Deadpool 2’ Post-credits Scenes: What’s After the Movie?” data-reactid=”14″>Trending: ‘Deadpool 2’ Post-credits Scenes: What’s After the Movie?

vis899226

<p class="canvas-atom canvas-text Mb(1.0em) Mb(0)–sm Mt(0.8em)–sm" type="text" content=" An infection with S. pyogenes can cause strep throat, scarlet fever, impetigo, cellulitis, necrotizing fascitis, otitis media, sinusitis or meningitis. An Indianapolis man said his wife caught a flesh-eating bacteria during their vacation in Florida that may have caused her death. Getty Images ” data-reactid=”26″> An infection with S. pyogenes can cause strep throat, scarlet fever, impetigo, cellulitis, necrotizing fascitis, otitis media, sinusitis or meningitis. An Indianapolis man said his wife caught a flesh-eating bacteria during their vacation in Florida that may have caused her death. Getty Images

Carol was hospitalized after the treatments and antibiotics didn’t work. Doctors then realized she had necrotizing fasciitis.

<p class="canvas-atom canvas-text Mb(1.0em) Mb(0)–sm Mt(0.8em)–sm" type="text" content="The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) described necrotizing fasciitis as a serious bacterial skin infection that can spread quickly throughout the body and kill body tissue. Symptoms of the flesh-eating bacteria—which include pain or soreness, red or purplish areas of swelling, ulcers, blisters and black spots on the skin—can be confusing but are quick to start. Later symptoms include fever, chills, fatigue and vomiting, according to the CDC.” data-reactid=”28″>The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) described necrotizing fasciitis as a serious bacterial skin infection that can spread quickly throughout the body and kill body tissue. Symptoms of the flesh-eating bacteria—which include pain or soreness, red or purplish areas of swelling, ulcers, blisters and black spots on the skin—can be confusing but are quick to start. Later symptoms include fever, chills, fatigue and vomiting, according to the CDC.

<p class="canvas-atom canvas-text Mb(1.0em) Mb(0)–sm Mt(0.8em)–sm" type="text" content="Don’t miss: Bishop Says Abortion Can Be ‘Far Worse’ Than Rape” data-reactid=”29″>Don’t miss: Bishop Says Abortion Can Be ‘Far Worse’ Than Rape

“In the emergency room they said, ‘We are sorry but she has a flesh-eating bacteria, we have to rush her to surgery right now,'” said Martin.

After two surgeries and 16 days in the intensive care unit, Carol was allowed to return home. She died the morning of May 5, Martin said.

“She made me lunch; I kissed her goodbye to go to work. I come home early in the morning and found her passed away,” Martin told the local station. “We should have the answers and know why this went where it did.”

<p class="canvas-atom canvas-text Mb(1.0em) Mb(0)–sm Mt(0.8em)–sm" type="text" content="Most popular: The 30 Highest-Grossing Summer Movies of All Time” data-reactid=”33″>Most popular: The 30 Highest-Grossing Summer Movies of All Time

<p class="canvas-atom canvas-text Mb(1.0em) Mb(0)–sm Mt(0.8em)–sm" type="text" content="Martin told WFLA-TV that he believed his wife contracted the bacterial disease from going into a hot tub at a Days Inn the couple stayed in during their vacation.” data-reactid=”34″>Martin told WFLA-TV that he believed his wife contracted the bacterial disease from going into a hot tub at a Days Inn the couple stayed in during their vacation.

“She was the only one that got in the hot tub,” he told the station.

<p class="canvas-atom canvas-text Mb(1.0em) Mb(0)–sm Mt(0.8em)–sm" type="text" content="This article was first written by Newsweek” data-reactid=”36″>This article was first written by Newsweek

<p class="canvas-atom canvas-text Mb(1.0em) Mb(0)–sm Mt(0.8em)–sm" type="text" content="More from Newsweek” data-reactid=”37″>More from Newsweek

Let’s block ads! (Why?)



Source link


Like it? Share with your friends!

0
, 0 points
What's Your Reaction?
Cry Cry
0
Cry
Cute Cute
0
Cute
Damn Damn
0
Damn
Dislike Dislike
0
Dislike
Like Like
0
Like
Lol Lol
0
Lol
Love Love
0
Love
Win Win
0
Win
WTF WTF
0
WTF

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Flesh-eating Bacteria May Have Killed Woman After Florida Vacation, Husband Suggests

log in

reset password

Back to
log in